SVCF sends a big “thank you!” to all who attended our Professional Advisor Breakfasts in San Jose and San Francisco this spring. We appreciated the thoughts and conversations about how we can improve our region’s housing and transportation in innovative, effective and collaborative ways. For those who missed it or want to learn more, here are highlights of the topics we discussed with Vu-Bang Nguyen, pictured, SVCF’s program officer for our building strong communities grantmaking:
- 2016 Silicon Valley Index - documents the development of indicators that measure the strength and health of the community. Skip to page 68 for information on transportation, land use, and housing.
- SVCF’s Regional Fund website and press release about our grantmaking strategy expansion into San Francisco, focused on addressing regional housing and transportation.
- Regional Transit Map Website - a project SVCF is working on with partners to provide a clear and unified Bay Area transit map.
- One Home Bay Area’s Rental Portal - a partner project SVCF is working on to help people find affordable housingto empower them to create a path out of poverty for themselves and for their communities. This project is focused on building and managing modern tech-driven solutions to problems that plague the safety net of community resources that help families in need.
- Buena Vista Mobile Homes Park Documentary & Hotel 22 - films by Elizabeth Lo, a local filmmaker who is using the power of storytelling to show the housing struggles faced by many people in the Bay Area.
We look forward to continuing to provide a space to have important conversations about how we can work together to support your clients’ philanthropy and improve our community. Feel free to contact us anytime at email@example.com or 650.450.5444.