To stay up to date on issues and trends affecting the field of corporate social responsibility and help us serve you better, members of our corporate responsibility team will take part in a variety of conferences and events in the coming weeks. Please feel free to pass along this information to your corporate colleagues or nonprofit partners.
What We’re Hosting
- September 21: SVCF’s Corporate Responsibility team, in conjunction with Northern California Grantmakers, will be hosting the second annual Corporate Philanthropy Institute. This year’s theme is Authenticity, exploring how companies are going about breathing authenticity and value into corporate engagement efforts. The day will include breakout sessions highlighting key strategies in maintaining authenticity through philanthropy.
What We’re Attending
- October 1: Jonathan Kurup, Associate Manager, Corporate Responsibility, will attend the NCG New Grantmaker’s Institute in San Francisco. This highly interactive workshop will allow participants to engage with their peers around opportunities and challenges of grantmaking.
- October 5-7: Sophy Yem, Manager, Corporate Responsibility, will travel to Washington, D.C. for Business Civic Leadership Center’s (BCLC) National Conference: Corporate Citizenship and America’s Future. This year’s conference will focus on how businesses build engagements that align local impact to global strategy and will showcase successful business examples.
- October 6-9: Juliana Deans, Manager, Corporate Responsibility, will join leading impact investors, entrepreneurs and cross-sector practitioners in San Francisco for SOCAP15 to focus on innovative investing and entrepreneurship for impact.
- October 19-21: Wen-Chih O’Connell, Director, Corporate Engagement, and Jessica Stanford, Director, Employee Engagement, will travel to Houston, Texas, for Points of Light. This conference on volunteering and service is a dynamic mix of imagination and talent where the spirit of volunteerism and civic engagement are deeply rooted.
- October 21-22: Rebecca Nalder, Senior Manager, Corporate Responsibility, will travel to New York City and attend COMMIT! Forum to network with business leaders and discuss sustainable workforce, supply chain, prioritization and how to run business more responsibly.
- November 3-5: Maeve Miccio, Vice President, Corporate Responsibility, and Sarah Miers, Manager, Corporate Responsibility, will attend the Business for Social Responsibility Conference 2015: Resilient Business, Resilient World. Here sustainability leaders and practitioners will meet and share their visions of a resilient world.
- November 5-7: Maeve Miccio, Vice President, Corporate Responsibility, and Patricia Nevers, Associate, Corporate Responsibility, will join the 23rd NetImpact Conference in Seattle, Washington. Student and professional leaders will come together to tackle the world’s toughest social and environmental problems.
- December 1-2: Maeve Miccio, Vice President, Corporate Responsibility, will travel to New York for The Conference Board: Strategic Community Impact Symposium, where inspiring practices in corporate community involvement from the perspective of the company and outside the company will be showcased.